A: Yes. A cover should be placed on your unit to keep out debris. If you live in a snowy climate, a cover will also help keep ice and snow out of your unit.
A: Air conditioners run better when they receive annual maintenance. Maintenance should be done in the spring, and will help your unit last longer.
A: There are a few simple routines that you can follow to help ensure that your system runs smoothly.
- Check the air filter or coil in your unit every 3-4 weeks. A dirty filter will strain your system.
- Keep your outdoor unit free of debris.
- Ensure that your unit is on level ground.
A: Heating and AC systems should be serviced at least once per year. It is best to have the Heating tuned-up in the fall and AC in the spring before heavy use occurs. Contact PIPCO to have your system tuned up.
A: Servicing your Heat and AC systems annually: increases dependability; locates any problems; allows the unit to perform at its maximum efficiency, therefore lowering energy costs, prolonging the lifespan of the unit, and ensuring that the unit is operating safely and healthily.
A: It is recommended you change your filter every thirty days for best performance. This can vary dependant on your furnace and filter model. PIPCO offers high quality filter systems, which may only require changing your filter 2 times per year rather than 12. Contact PIPCO today to find out how this service can be provided in your home.
A: Very important!
- If you get a system that is too big, it may heat or cool your home too fast and you won’t feel comfortable. The thermostat temperature will be satisfied before you are. During the cooling process, humidity won’t sufficiently be removed from the air causing you to feel sticky, and it could even lead to problems with mold in your home. Short starts and stops will also shorten the life of your system and raise utility bills.
- If the unit is too small it won’t be able to get the job done in your home, this is especially true during extreme weather. The systems will have to run constantly again raising utility cost and reducing the life of the system.
- It is best to have a PIPCO professional visit your home and take exact measurements to better inform you which system will work best for you and your home.
A: Variable speed equipment utilizes the fan ON mode very well. This method constantly circulates the air keeping temperatures even and takes advantage of air purifying equipment.
A: Keeping filters clean in furnaces and keeping foliage away from condensers (12″) are the best things you can do to keep your equipment running smoothly on your own. Contact PIPCO for annual clean and checks to ensure your equipment has a longer life. We will perform maintenance and troubleshoot other problems.
A: Yes, there are options for homes with boilers. Contact PIPCO for more information on these options.